Crystal Amber Fund Limited
Interim results for the period ended 31 December 2018
The Company announces its interim results for the six months ended 31 December 2018.
- Net Asset Value (“NAV”)(1) per share fell by 9.4% over the period or 7.4% after adjusting for dividends paid.
- Over the 2018 calendar year, NAV per share grew by 18.8%, after adjusting for the dividends paid. Over the same period, the Numis Small Cap Index fell by 11.0%.
- NAV per share of 221.67 pence at 31 December 2018 (244.62 pence at 30 June 2018, 190.69 pence at 31 December 2017).
- In the first half of the year, the Fund realised gains in Hurricane Energy plc, NCC Group plc, Boku Inc and Woodford Patient Capital Trust.
- Share price discount to NAV averaged 8.4 per cent throughout the period as the Fund continued its buy-back programme.
Christopher Waldron, Chairman of the Fund, commented: “Despite difficult equity markets, I am pleased to report a creditable performance over the six-month period, and an excellent performance for 2018. We continue to engage with management teams of our main holdings and remain confident of making additional progress in 2019.”